One of the most predictable things about little children is their unpredictability. You never know what they’re going to say or ask. And you never know when they’re going to say or ask it! We asked parents to
share some of the cringe-worthy moments they’ve experienced with their children.
1. “Sitting down at a restaurant with my then 4-year-old and my best friend. The waitress asks what we would like to drink. Without hesitation, my 4-year-old says, ‘two Chardonnays and a Sprite.’” -Syndi
2. “My 4 1/2-year-old loves Taylor Swift. ‘Blank Space’ came on in the car the other day and she stopped singing and said, ‘Mama, how do you make the bad guys good for a weekend?’ I answered the only way I knew how:
‘Wow! Look at that cool car over there!’” -Mary
3. “I showed a picture to my almost 4-year-old of how big my belly was when I was pregnant with him, and he looked at me and said, ‘Mommy, you ate me?’”-Leslie
4. “When I was pregnant with my second son, my 3-year-old asked me how his baby brother was going to come out. Not knowing how to respond, I asked him, ‘How do YOU think he will be born?’ And he replied,
‘He’s in your belly, so he’ll go down (points to belly then to legs) and will come out your toes!’”-Jenna
5. “‘Why is her neck wrinkly? Is she old?’ my child said about a dinner guest.”-Leah
6. “My 3-year-old walked in on me in the shower and asked “Mommy, why do you have two butts?” -Lynda
7. “My kid asked, ‘Mom, why are you so much bigger than that guy (points finger at said guy) if he’s a man and you’re a girl?’ I’m 5’11” and 140 pounds. It was the longest elevator ride EVER!” -Amber
8. “‘Mom, why do you always have to stop to buy wine?’” -Chandra
9. Me: “Emma, you’re going to be such a good mommy when you grow up! Who taught you how to be a good mommy?”
Emma: “Daddy.” -Bianca
So, we can all agree, kids can be the source of some of the most awkward moments. Don’t worry, they’ll grow out of it.
*Article originally appeared on The Huffington Post http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/16/awkward-things-kids-say_n_7055248.html
Don’t forget to download a coupon for a little extra savings on a pack of Sparkle® paper towels mentioned above.